Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

"If you don't like this record then you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers," Flea. How true are these words spoke by Flea a few days before the albums release? I first came into contact with the Chili Pepper's music when I saw their video for Under The Bridge with John in his bobble hat and me sitting thinking what the hell is this? Then I gave the whole song ago and I was blown away. Where have you been all my life decent music? And so started my obbsession, I use the term obbsession lightly here, as I develed into the world of music and the ability to play an instrument other than a cornet, as my under standing of music so did my taste in it and my abilty to play guitar and own an entire artist's back catalogue. So now it's a yearly ritual for me to go see them play live an be blown away as I was the first day I found them.

So how do the lyrics fare? Well to me I've never felt that the Chili Peppers hold strong in this department. When you get lyrics lke "Don't fade away like an ocean liner now" you begin to think what the hell were they on that day? Mind you overall I was impressed with the lyrics, a lot of them unusal to say the least but inventive and inspiring. However not as good as some of the material on previous albums.

I was going to go for another paragraph but I feel like talking about each song singley. If I had the power to go back in time I would tell the Chili Peppers to either make a one disk album, release each disk seperatly or finally make this the track listing: Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, Especially In Michigan, Desecration Smile, She Looks To Me, Readymade, Make You Feel Better, So Much I, Storm In A Teacup. Now that's an album right there, yes sir. If this was stolen adn after I hunted and killed that stole it I'd buy a new one. Overall an amazing album with a few crap tracks but that's what most albums are. I think this may be the last and if so what a great way to go out with a song about a dead dog no seriously it goes out in style.

martinz_85
    This album is awesome! I love all songs, except "If"...It's waayyy too slow...But other than that, it's a great album