Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

The Red Hot Chili Peppers is my favorite rock band since I knew them in the Californication album. My expectations for this album were huge! I mean, since I heard of a new Chili Pepeper's album on November or December 2005, I get on an excitement that I couldn't describe! The waiting-time seemed to me like an eternity! I thought I couldn't wait to hear that nineth RCHP's studio album. Then I bought that CD. Honestly, my first impression of this album was a little bad. I heard it, and I said: "Okay, what else? Is this all?" Now I think I was dosed, or something like that (I'm just kidding, I don't do drugs). When I heard it by second time, I was breathless!, and I thought: "Oh my God! This is so awesome!" And I still thinking that way. And, specially, I love that Hendrix-style Frusciante's guitar riffs! By the way, the beggining of the Dani California's solo is bassed in a Hendrix' song, 'Purple Haze'.

The RHCP's lyrics are often with no sense. Minimun with no common sense. For example: Can't Stop. Ok, I heard that song, the music is pretty well, but, what was that song talking about? I didn't get it! Stadium Arcadium is not an exception, but, in this case, it has some tunes with a beautiful message, like 'Hey' (oh! I adore the phrase: "you use to be so warm and affectionate"... it remembers me a little girl I knew dancing folkloric songs), 'Snow', 'Wet Sand', "Slow Cheetah', 'Make You Feel Better', 'If', for say some. But other tunes, like 'Animal Bar', 'Turn It Again', 'Especially In Michigan' (what the hell means 'out on the farm we'll be swimming with the mother duck'), and 'We Believe', for name a few. A tune I consider unique is "Death Of A Martian', that song that Kiedis wrote after his dog died, that buddy that helped him to stop ussing drugs, that one is pretty peculiar and also beautiful. About Kiedis voice, it's unfortunate that he's lossing his voice, like we can see in their live concerts. I guess the technology helps him a little in this album, but it's ok! I mean, he's gaining a lot of years, right?

Three words: I love this album (actualy they are four, but, who cares). Is true that this album don't give something new to the band, and it's very far from their orignial sound by itself, but stills good! The only thing I hate is that they could do two albumes, instead a 28-songs album. Imagine it! On 2006: "Stadium Arcadium" and on 2007: "21st Century"; it could be a doble excitement, right? Well, overall I'm loving it. I use to play it in my car, actualy, most of the time it lays on my car; and if somebody, let's say, with no scruples, stole it, I'd say: 'Please, take the car instead the CD, I pray you! look, here are the keys!'

Shread_6009
    faqu : Love the album. a lot of guitar on this one, a lot of solos, and they were played very well. great guitar and drum work, I could barely hear flea, and nothing new in the keidis departmant.
    dude, she's only 18 is like pure bas, and so are a lot of other songs, just cause u use those shitty headphone that came with ur ipod( just cause its loud, doesnt mean there good) doesnt mean theres no bass