Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

Well if you're not aware of RHCP's sound, you should be out buying an album or two by them by the time you're reading this far. It's an alternative sound, they've changed over the years. On this album, you'll hear a general mix of funk, pop, rock, and even classic rock. It's a generally cool sound, though it's a bit different from past efforts from the Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication days. If funky vocals, insane bass playing, and (on this album) psychedelic, classic rock, and pop driven guitar virtuosity, this album is probably for you.

I personally am not a big fan of Anthony Kiedis. In my opinion Frusciante's voice in his solo stuff is a lot better. Kiedis's lyrics haven't always been the most thought provoking and brilliant stuff, but he tries on this album. There's some emotionally-driven stuff, but also some classic RHCP funky, spastic vocals on the brink of not making any sense.

It's a double album, but I feel that the second disc is a little pointless. Much like "Use Your Illusion" by Guns N' Roses, I would have preferred that the album were compressed to one disc, with the best songs. That honestly would have been amazing. I like "Strip My Mind" and "Slow Cheetah" the most, which has to do with Dani California and Snow being insanely played out by the general masses (note this review is in 2008, this album's been out for awhile). I love Frusciante and Flea's funky guitar playing, but then again I'm not really into Keidis anymore, so I have to dock it for my personal opinion. Overall it's a fun album, not their best, but definitely up there in their top 3 or so.

GrEgUms1991
    A very underestimated RHCP ablum. I think after a few listens this is one of the best. Different, but they have matured.
    glugger
    guitarguru1212 wrote: i think that stadium arcadium owns it is definatly one of their better albums, fav. track has to be slow cheetah it just fills you up when you listen to it like lasagna lol, only track i dont like is hump de bump, its too light hearted and stuff makes me wanna be happy lol
    hahaha what a noob lol