The Uplift Mofo Party Plan review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
Red Hot Chili Peppers: The Uplift Mofo Party Plan

The Red Hot Chili Peppers today are a group of 4 sometimes crazy, sometimes sensible men in their 30's and 40's. This is the Red Hot Chili Peppers of yesterday! Funk-rock/guitar-rap are the genres of this album. It was made in 1987 and was the only album to include all of the original 4 members. Out of the less famous first 4 albums, as the 3rd this one is definetly the highlight!

Anthony throws some grat lyrics out here but also uses some terrible ones too. The song Love Trilogy shows this in it's last 2 lines. Anthony has to be pretty skillfull to handle some of the fast rap-style lyrics on here although some of them could have been written by the yet-to-be-born Clara Balzary (Flea's daughter).

This is my personal favourite album by my favourite band. So yes, nothing else compares to me. The most impressive songs are probably Organic Anti-Beat Box Band and Fight Like A Brave. I love the riffs and funky bass. The solos are cool. I'm not really a keen rap fan. Of course I would buy it again if it went missing. I need it to keep my RHCP back catalogue complete. Plus it's their best album!