The Years Review

Red I Flight: The Years
Release Date: Mar 18, 2008
Label: Victory
Genres: Metalcore
They took the time to actually write a CD with no fillers in it.
 9.6
 9.7
 9.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Years Reviewed by: Murderintheink, on april 18, 2008

Sound: Ok imagine a band that has the elements of Atreyu (From The Death-grip On Yesterday era) As I Lay Dying, Bury Your Dead, when you wrap them up and put a special bow on top, you get Red I Flight. Recording wise the CD is very clear for a debut album, the guitars don't override the drums, the bass is heard pretty well, and the vox are just amazing, Josh Robinson (vox) has a very versitle voice, flat out yelling, switching to screaming, mild singing, and a low growl. This guy is awesome. "The Years" has one drawback, only ten tracks. See when they were recording, they wanted to put their best effort forward, so no "filler" tracks were used to make the album longer. If your in to great breakdowns look at their song "Bullets Over Prayers", it's amazing. All the tracks are great and when you listen to this cd, you'll never have to skip over and of the tracks, well once, but that's when you go back to listening to the CD from the first track. However some tracks that stick out more than others (but not by much because this whole CD is badass) "Of Myth And Men" is pretty badass, a really unique and great riff in the beginning. Another great song is "Vigo The Carpathian" which starts out with double bass and guitars on high octane. // 10

Lyrics: To be honest I don't have the lyric book for this CD. And I haven't learned all the lyrics yet so. But from I have learned they are pretty good. "Of Myth And Men" has a line in the chorus that says "Beauty runs deeper than flesh" so you can imagine that if the lyrics in one line are deep then the rest are going to be really good too. Like I said Josh is a great singer, he is so versitile when it comes to screaming, blaring yells, crunching screams, and low growls, he is really good. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists it's pretty damn good. These guys really worked their asses off to write this CD. They took the time to actually write a CD with no fillers in it. Most impressive songs would be "Of Myth And Men," "Late For The Execution," "Vigo The Carpathian" and "Bullets Over Prayers". I love that this album is so great, I can listen to the whole CD and not skip through one song, it's really that good. I hate that it's only 10 songs, but atleast they are great songs. If it were stolen or lost I would probably go to FYE as soon as possible to either steal it or buy it or wait till these guys come back home, go across town and listen to them live, I am fortunately from the same town as them. // 10

Comments