Red Seas Fire review by Red Seas Fire

Red Seas Fire: Red Seas Fire

Every once in a while a band surprises you, this EP was a very nice surprise... I heard about this band the day that they released their debut EP for free on their website and gave it a spin, I was skeptical at first but after a few listens was hooked. Red Seas Fire generated a huge amount of buzz online before even releasing a proper song with clips and a well executed PR campaigns, by the time a release date was announced they had ten thousand likes on Facebook. Even before playing a gig. It's easy to get lost in a good PR campaign and then be disappointed by the finished product as it can never live up to your expectations and I'm glad that I joined the furor late.

The album is a mostly home recorded affair but don't let that dissuade you, it has been professional done, the musicians live hundreds of miles from the singer and the vocals were recorded sometime after the music, years in some cases, but they still mesh perfectly and don't seem out-of-place. The mix of deep growls and soaring clean styles compliment each other beautifully, they play off and accentuate the music and the complex changes very well. The guitar work here is amazing, the complex rhythm patterns and catchy riffing hook you in and keep you fixed until the last note. The drums are a point of contest for me, since it was home recorded the drum tracks were done on an electric kit and can sound a little thin at times but the imagination that went into the drum work is astounding and I can just hope to hear them on a proper kit soon.

This is a quality EP and will spend a lot of time in whatever you listen to music on! They're taking a small break so we will probably have to wait to hear a full length album and a proper full tour but I can't wait to hear more from these guys and that's my only major problem with the EP, it is too damn short.