Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album review by Reel Big Fish

• Released: Aug 1, 2006
Reel Big Fish: Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album

After longing to release a live album, the fish have finally done it. They were dropped from their previous label, who wouldn't let them make a live album. This is essentially a greatest hits record and has the big hits like Sell Out and Take On Me, but it also has a few new tracks, including a cover of The Cure's 'Boys Don't Cry'. it's a great 2 CD and 1 DVD set. The talking, or witter banter as Aaron refers to it as, is hilarious.

Many of RBF's lyrics are about the same things, girls or Aaron whining about something, but that doesnt't change the fact that the songs have a humourous twist. The Reel Big Fish have quote 'come to realize they can make a whole helluva lotta money off of pain. And a slighly humourous song off of mediocre pain.' The lead singer, Aaron and one of the backup singers, scott (I think), harmonize well and often.

Overall, it's a great compilation and is certainly worth buying. In my opinion the best song is "S.R." A song that pays a tribute to the band Suburban Rhythm. They play the song, then Aaron chimes in about how it's a horrible song, and they play it several different ways before deciding to cut it from the set list. I would definitly buy it again should something happen to my copy. it's worth all 2,000 pennies.

Mr Pringle
    I sort of stopped listening to reel big fish and got into other ska band, my friend lent me this and i love them again. One of my favourite live albums EVER!!!!