Illusion Of Democracy review by Reflux

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Reflux: Illusion Of Democracy

Metalcore done right. This is the most amazing sounding metalcore album I have heard yet (and I have 100s of them). The guitar work is nothing short of stunning. Beautifully executed lenghthy sweep picks stand out the most. Song structure is perfect, mixing melody with chaos, incorporating odd time signitures as well as many other techniques. Musically a very talented band.

Honestly I am odd in the sense that I usually don't pay too much attention to the written quality of lyrics in most bands that scream most of the time (if I can't make it out on the album I usually won't bother reading them). I listen mainly for the music itself but for the sake of this review I read the lyrics, and they are well thought out and passionate. As far as vocals go, they are great. Clean singing is mixed with hellacious growls wonderfully.

There are not many bands I would give a perfect score to waste my time reviewing on a site, but I am amazed by this cd. As I said I listen to literally hundreds of metalcore/hardcore bands and this one definitely stands out. I had to try and put the word out because I cant really find anything on this band on most sites. If you like this style of music you will not be disappointed by this cd. I am very picky as far as how I view the musicianship of bands and this one is fantastic in almost every way. Check em out, they are on Prosthetic Records just by the downloadable demo song you will see the guitarist shining!

choii
    relux is the shit, too bad no one can tab out their amazing guitar...