Apathetic review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 8, 2005
Relient K: Apathetic

Awesome sound. I've never heard anything like it. I'm not a punk afficionado, and I wasn't too sure in the beginning. However, I'm incredibly critical, and it is amazing. The perfect mix of pop, rock, religion, and punk.

For a modern rock band, awesome vocals. The lyrics fit well with the music. The lyrics are meaningful, with a cryptic quality, yet, still easy to understand. The lyrics go deeper than literal meaning.

I love the acoustic versions of their previous songs. "Who To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet?" is a great acoustic song. I admit, the vocals are a might weak on that one. The instrumental work makes up for that though. I love the new songs, plus the acoustic revisitation. I hate the fact that it's an in-betweener album, so it's so short. How sad. Short, but sweet as a 50 lb. bag of pure sugar. This band, this album, could wipe out some of the screaming, swearing, nasty punk bands of today. Amen to clean music! Yeah, if it were lost or stolen five times in a row, I'd still go get it again. It'd be good for prison after I strangle the idiot that stole it from me five times in the first place. It's a few dollars. Of course I'd get it again. I'd get this again before I'd get half of my current library (over 100 albums) if it were stolen.

Red Martini
    I am a owner of this awesome cd and i find myself always listenin to this cd. Matt Thiessen is awesome on piano and great to listen to. Their new songs and acoustic versions of some of their already released songs are sweet. I like some of the songs better on acoustic... It just sounds sweet. But i definetly recommend this cd to all the crazy Relient K fans!