Apathetic review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 8, 2005
Relient K: Apathetic

Okay, pretty much half of the EP features some songs they had for a while in acoustic form. I gotta say, they do it so beautiful. It's not like what you would expect from many pop punk bands out there doing acoustic songs. I mean with all the complex riffs and plus nice drums added. They really redefined acoustic music in the pop punk world. The EP also has some pretty sweet songs that doens't really sound like the "Mmhmm" album they relased before this. I mean, the songs aren't so complicated, they did them really smooth, like no weird ways to end a song, and the songs really progress well. One song, "The Theif" is actually a song of Matt Theissen's side project, Matt Theissen and the Earthquakes. Anywho, the songs on the EP are actually pretty good that you, the listener, might hate it that this EP has only seven (7) songs. But hey, it's an EP. That's the only down-side to the CD.

If you have listened to Relient K before, then you may have noticed that almost every song has a happy thing going on. Yes, the lyrics are just great. I mean, "Apathetic Way To Be" is a very optimistic song. I mean, not everyone can really see apathy as a good thing - or even use it wisely. Well, the acoustic version of some songs they have on the EP are still the same, but they did cut out the ending of "Which To Bury; Us Or The Hatchet." I also notice something, Theissen's song writing has gotten more mature, I guess I can say it lik that. Yes, mature. I mean, there's not at least one silly song on this CD.

This is one CD that might change the pop punk world, but it may not. It's still okay. It's just that they do acoustic songs like they're not a pop punk band. Also, a lot of the songs are just beautiful. I mean, if you heard the original version of, "Which To Bury" then you might say that Theissen can't sing so good, but his vocals are just great on the acoustic version. And like I said before, the only thing I'm just upset about the CD is, well, it's an EP. So, it basically contains so little songs. Not much goodness, huh. Well, overall of this. Apathetic EP is an awesome CD, that if it got lost I would be so devistated, and plus I would try buying another one. Well, if it was stolen, then I would try to catch the theif and retrive it back.