Five Score And Seven Years Ago review by Relient K

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Relient K: Five Score And Seven Years Ago

Relient K gets more diverse in their latest CD. "Five Score..." has a country/backwoods song called "Faking My Own Suicide". Deathbed (featuring guest vocalist Jon Foreman from Switchfoot) is a sad, slow song. Personally, I liked their fast-paced rock songs. All-in-All, almost everything fell right into place.

Relient K is growing up. The lyrics are usually serious and meaningful. But they still have that sense of humor we all know and love. In "Crayons Can Melt On Us For All I Care" Matt basicly wastes ten seconds of our lives. The 11 minute closer "Deathbed" tells a story of one mans less than perfect life, but how he is forgiven when it's time to go. They have a lot of love songs on this CD (everyone but lead singer, Matt, is married) and with most of them you can relate with your special someone. Others tell of how it can be hard to learn from mistakes, "Devastation and Reform", and how to give your life, "Give". I listen to this CD every day and it never gets old.

Switchfoot used to be my favorite band, bar none. But after this album Relient K is my number one now. Music and Lyrics were made for eachother. I got the dual disk which features an acoustic live recording session at Capitol Records Studio B (Sloop John B, Give, Who I am Hates Who I've Been, I So Hate Consequences, Devastation and Reform, Faking My Own Suicide), behind the scenes of the making of the music video for "Must Have Done Something Right", and the video for it. Plus inteviews and stuff. My advice, for about 5$ more, GET IT. I don't regret it at all.

popfly
    i think the four score and seven years ago gave Matt the idea to say five score and seven years ago, instead of naming the album "hey look this is our fifth album in seven years." duhhh