Five Score And Seven Years Ago review by Relient K

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Relient K: Five Score And Seven Years Ago

The sound of this album is nothing short of amazing. The band has brought so much variety into their songs here that they almost don't fit; yet they do. They start it off with a song composed entirely of many voice parts. They have songs like "Faking My Own Suicide" that have a kind of country twang to it, "Must Have Done Something Right" has an energetic, happy-clappy feel to it, "I Need You" has a harder rock feel to it than any of the others, and the list goes on. But to top it all off, "Deathbed" combines it all in one 11-minute masterpiece. Great job on another well done album, RK.

As always, his lyrics of this album get across whatever message he wants to convey and does it well. And also, as always, he adds the goofy "Crayons can melt on us for all I care" as his RK signature move to put something in an album that has nothing what'soever to do with anything else. oh, singer skills? Never been better.

I'd definitely buy this album again. music at it's best. I'm not sure they'll be able to top "Two Lefts Don't Make A Right, But Three Do," but this is pretty close. Every song is great in it's own individual way, and I can't really find anything bad to say about it. If you like Relient k, this is a must-buy. if you don't like Relient k, then you probably disagree. All I have to say is that that's your loss.