Five Score And Seven Years Ago review by Relient K

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Relient K: Five Score And Seven Years Ago

When Brian Pitmann quit the band in '04 I had my doubts about MMHMM, but the remaing three proved themselves by making yet another number one. Although they now lack the awesome, speedy riffs of Pitmann Relient still manages to rock! The sound of Five score is a lot like the previous album with the exception that Matt T. is now able to play piano and other instruments because they now have two guitarists and a bassist. This adds a happier tone in some songs, like Faking my own suicide while ading to the drama of songs like deathbed, and I Need You. John what's his face, the new bassists delivers some great bass riffs in Must have Done Something right and in I need You, while Dave's drums carry every single song. Relient K's sound has changed a lot since '00 and it's become very aparrent that these guys are here to stay (at least for a while).

The lyrics have definately improved over the years. Matt isn't really a pro at singing but he does a good job with his style of music. With Dave D. and Matt H. The words themselves deliver a powerful message in the few meaningful songs on the album, but also manage to be very amusing in Faking My own Suicide, and Crayons can melt on all of us. The delivery is sometimes a little unorthedox but the message is loud and clear.

All though not quite as phenomenal as The Anatomy- Five Score is a decent CD. I belive the three best songs on this CD are: I Need You, Taking You With Me, and The Best Thing, though keep in mind that's just my opinion. I liked the way each song blends with the next and how the words of each songs kind of built on each other. I would give this CD a 9 overall.

effenvodka
    fret13... wow... it's good that you like rk and all cause they rock, but... wow do you live under a rock or are you mental?