Forget And Not Slow Down review by Relient K

• Released: Oct 6, 2009
Relient K: Forget And Not Slow Down

This CD is a little bit different from Relient k's others. You can hear a lot more guitar and different sounds in this album than in most of their others and the riffs are always excellent sounding. In the few times that there were background singers i was very impressed, especially in the song "If You Believe In Me". Unfortunately the songs seem to have "quieted down" compared to their older ones. This album has to do with break-ups and mistakes we make, and how everyone should forget about the bad things that happen and not let it slow us down in our lives. I think that message is clear especially in the first few tracks of the album.

Relient K has always had good, smart and kind of catchy lyrics and they continue to have the same quality lyrics in this album. But sometimes the lyrics are fast and can be hard to understand what he's trying to tell people. In the first track "Forget And Not Slow Down" one lyric is: "I coulda' done better but what good do 'what ifs' do?" and it goes so fast that you might not catch it the first time. It happens only a few times in the album but the music and vocals always flow together well. In some of Relient k's old albums there were a few "sad" songs and it seemed as if they had grown out of that stage for a long time, but in this album, some lyrics may seem to have a sad feeling to them.

I love this album and I got it the day it came out. Though it may not be like the old Relient K its still an excellent addition to Relient k's albums. They lyrics are good but sometimes I wish the song could get a little louder and more punk. If this album was lost I would go out and by five more just in case it ever got lost again. Overall I think this CD is very good and I think people will love it.

chrisdazzo
    Natrone
    I'd write one but it would be horribly biased. Comprehensive? Yes. But biased. Its definately cool to see how much the band has changed, and how much Theissen has grown up, since the first album. This is definately one of those albums that you have to listen to all the way through to get a good idea of the sound.
    Keith Lockhart
    This was a more deeper album, and I believe I can relate for sure to forget and not slow down, we just have to forget about the bad things, and not let them slow us down. that's good.
    slash.r0cks
    chrisdazzo wrote: I can honestly say that Relient K gets better with each record they release. Straying from their more rock-y punk roots was a nice change in this album, for sure. Anyone else have another review? This current one comes across sounding a tiny bit biased.
    This album is easily my favourite so far, but I disagree partially with you. To be honest, I didn't think "Five Score..." was as good as it could have been. Sure it had some excellent songs, like Forgiven, Bite My Tongue and Up and Up, but to me it seemed to follow too much of a relationship theme. But seriously, who cares about this album HERE? This album wasn't perfect, but only God is perfect and this album came very close to it. 9.5*
    Tommy_Gun
    This album has influenced my music more than any other besides Abbey Road. Rock on, Relient K!