Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

Hey Relient K's new album Mmhmm just came out yesterday and I listened to it all the way through. It wasn't anythign like their other albums. They all had more guitar and was much louder. This album was softer, with more piano. I liked this sound more, it was a break through for them and was something new that they've tested and it worked.

The lyrics on this cd were very good. Be my escape has a very good lyrical impression on pretty much everyone that listens to it. Another good song would be My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend. This song is very good. It's about how he's so lucky to have the girl he's with and it's all thanks to the ex boyfriend. They've grown up a lot since they last put out an album. Well not that much. One of the songs is called The Only Thing Worse than Beating a Dead Horse is Betting On One. You can tell it's good old Relient K.

Let's see. This album blew away all the other albums that Relient K's put out as of now. They just keep getting better and better with their lyrical talent and their instrumental skills. The best songs on the album would be Be My Escape, My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend, and Which To Bury Us or the Hatchet. I actually don't own the CD myself, but I'd definatley buy it. I've heard it and it rules. Get out there and buy it!