Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

This album, in my opinion, is the greatest cd that this incredibly talented band from Ohio has put out. This cd contains more piano than the other records. One thing that is on this record is that there is some screaming in some songs. I was amazed when I heard the screaming I did as in songs like Life After Death And Taxes. It shows that the band is not only a punk rock band that everyone has expected.

The singer Matt is incredible in his songwriting skills as he is in his singing. The lyrics are put together in great ways that only someone like him could put together. He talks about what he believes in ways that you would have to think about what he said a little while before you could actually understand the true meaning of the lyrics. I love the way he relates his everyday life to his lyrics.

This album in no way, shape, or form compares to the other albums. It is way more mature than the other's. I feel that Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet, and Life After Death And Taxes are the two songs that stand out to me. I love the screaming and the hidden meanings behind some phrases and lyrics. Honestly there is nothing that I really hate about this record. I would most definately buy this cd again if I lost it or it was stolen.