Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

The sound is amazing. It varies from the soft, soothing sound of piano to the more hard core rock of the electric guitar (particularly the song "Life After Death And Taxes") and, well, everything inbetween. Mostly Christian punk rock, Matt really writes great music. Any of the songs could set the mood for the day, just waking up to this CD is refreshing.

The lyrics are really good and the creativeness is great, although there isnt much humor in this album. But then, it's good to get more serious sometimes. The vocals are awesome and the lyrics set with the voices and music really pull everything together. You can always count on the next song to be at 110% about what they mean to communicate to the listener.

I only have this album and "Two Lefts Don't Make A Right, But Three Do." I think this album has much more to do with getting across the word of God (I So Hate Consequences, Be My Escape, More Than Useless, Who I Am Hates Who I've Been, Maintain Consciousness, Life After Death And Taxes, and When I Go Down in particular). Their other album has great songs too, but I think I would rather have this one. I would definately buy it again; nothing like good music.