Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

This CD is one of the best I've heard before. Each song on this CD are great. From melodic (High Of '75) to basically metal (Life After Death And Taxes). Each song has its own unique sound and it's great. There could have been less piano in thier songs it was a bit overused. But the rest was great pop-punk.

Everything on this CD is well written. You can tell that Thesien has a real talent for writing songs and that he has a new girlfriend. Songs like (My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend, Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet). You can tell ther're songs about his love life. Matt's singing is great he has a real talent for singing. Some of the songs have a little sense of humor like (The Only Thing Worse Then Beating On A Dead Horse Is Betting On It). But if you actually litsen to the song you can tell it goes deeper than the title suggests. And they write about romance and life struggles that everyone can relate to.

This album is the best Relient K CD yet. It totally blew the other ones away. They really have grown up and become way better musicians and song writers. No other band I've heard sounds this good and does so much different stuff. The best songs on this cd are probably Be My Escape, Who I Am Hates Who I've Been and The One I'm Waiting For. But the rest can also be one of your favorites. If you like the Starting Line or other bands like that you have to get this album.

DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
    Sry but i have to agree with wiped out. I mean its good but there are definnitly better bands and albums out there
    fret13
    do you guys know about track 0 go to the first Mmhmm Album Tab and it tells you about it. it doesnt work if you do it on the computer though you need a stereo or Cd player
    welfkag
    i think they've definitely changed their sound over the years, making a big leap from "two lefts" to "mmhmm", and a lot of people don't like it. change is good though, and i'm looking forward to what their next album will sound like. mmhmm wasn't my favorite, but there were definitely some good songs on it. also, many people believe that they've drifted away from their spiritually-based music such as in their 1st album. that may be true, but there are still many references to God; thiessen's lyrics are though, in my opinion, leaning more towards romance and his relationships. but it's Relient K! It's not like they're going to convert or anything. They're still Christians, and they'll continue handing out what their fans look for: that positive, up-lifting, and occasional nonsense music we all have come to love
    Wiped_out
    They arent omg great, they're just good. There are nothing special, they do nothing new, and although the album sounds great the first few times, it gets old faster then most albums do. Sorry, wouldnt recomend this to anyone.