Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

This CD is definitely the best of Relient K. The music is so complicated, it takes me a long time to tab it, though. One thing less than great with the CD is Let It All Out. It is a great song, but while the lyrics do have a good meaning, they are definitely the most bizarre on the CD. Overall though, it is great, and having one slow song really balances it out.

The lyrics are, once again, very good. They are funny in "The Only Thing Worse Than Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One", they speak the truth about all of us A.D.D. people in "Maintain Conciousness", and inspiring in "More Than Useless" and "This Week the Trend".

The overall impression is good only if you like "headbanging music". If not, then it might be too heavy for you.This is probably one of the best christian music CD's you can buy, though. It combines advanced guitar music with deep and thoughtful lyrics. The things I don't like about it are that it is tuned a half-step down which makes for difficult playing. There are some better, but this is the best one of Relient K. If mine was stolen, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

effenvodka
    this is definitely the album w/ the hardest relient k songs on it (i so hate consequences. life after death and taxes) some people have said that it's i need you from 5score, but it's definitely these two
    Natrone
    Ok, I love Relient K. Don't get me wrong, they rock and all, but too many people are saying that they're technically amazing or heavy. They aren't either. Ok, they're pretty good technically on some songs, but they aren't heavy at all with the exception of songs like "Which To Buy: Us or the Hatchet?" and "I So Hate Consequences"
    Kewpa
    disembodied
    Kewpa wrote: This is their best CD. Hands down. Five Score was amazing, Forget and Not Slow Down was fantastic. I'd even go so far to say that this was the best album of the 2000's.
    defitely not