Mmhmm review by Relient K

• Released: Nov 2, 2004
Relient K: Mmhmm

I was impressed with the sound of "Mmhmm", Relient K's speed is great... At times. When I turn on songs like "I Hate So Consequences" I literally jump. Most often I turn that song off with around five others. However, "The One I'm Waiting For", "High Of 75" and "Be My Escape" I have to listen to no matter what. Relient K is good but some of their songs have a metal tinge to it. I'm impressed with "Mmhmm", but some songs aren't too good.

Lyrics are one of Relient K's strong points. They are deep and profound. "High Of 75" Is a key lyrical track. With the deep lyrics, it makes sense that when you are happy, you look at the world way differently. Although it sometimes feels like Relient K is screaming into the microphone, most lyrics are thoughtful. His skills are great when he doesn't scream.

Relient K is like a mix between Five Iron Frenzy and Switchfoot; you never know what you're gonna get from them. The key tracks are "The One I'm Waiting For", "High Of 75" and "Be My Escape". Also, "The Only Thing Worse That Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One" is also good. I hate the screaming yet love the lyrics. I honestly don't Know What would happen if I lost it.