Relient K review by Relient K

• Released: Apr 25, 2000
Relient K: Relient K

This album was their first and you can tell that by the sound. It was great but it did not sound like their normal stuff. It was cool because it sounded like they had more bass. The guitars were pretty good in this album to. The drums were better in this album than in most years. Even though this was their first CD it may have been one of their best. It was better than "Five Score And Seven Years Ago".

The lyrics were really good. Relient k showed their Christain side which now they have clearly lost. The lyrics on this album talked about God and Jesus and they were very well thought out. Relient K turned awesome songs into great Christain songs which a lot of people love. The vocals on this album really fit the lyrics because Matt's voice was clear and you can easily understand what he is saying.

Overall this was a pretty good album. It was one of Relient K's better ones. The best song was probably "My Girlfriend". It talks about how a girl caught to caught up in the world and lost her love for God. That is what happened to Relient K. Back when this album came out they would have said that they were Christains but now they are like, you can call us whatever you want. If this album was lost I would probably buy it again, but not in a rush. If you are a Relient K fan you should get this album. Once again it has awesome drums, good guitars and good vocals.

dark__echoes
    I don't think they are THAT far from christian. it's just like this: mat rights the songs. mat got a new girlfiend or something, so he rights songs about girls and stuff. they still have songs About God.
    marino13
    CLeprechaun
    I am punk "BF"
    CLeprechaun wrote: Musically,this wasn't one of their best.It sounds like a high school teeny band.The quality of the recording is not that great.And of course that's because they were young.They have come a long way since this album,as far as creativity goes. They have not lost their Christianity at all,and I understand completely why they say people don't have to call them Christian.If you're a Christian,you can reach people through non-Christian music because people will notice something different about you.That is something I've heard many Christian artists say.And they still write songs about God,just not every one because eventually,people are going to get bored with that(it's sad,but true).
    I also read that they don't like to say "Jesus" anymore because they think it's not cool.
    CLeprechaun
    ^I don't know what you were reading,but in an interview I read a while back,they said that people don't think saying "Jesus" is cool,but saying "God" is fine.
    chapaton3
    You Dont Know what You are talking about no one can lose their christianity and relienk k thinks jesus is cool. I dont care what you have read they say different things then what you know. this reveiw sucked jerk
    greenhelium
    I would say that you just have to search deeper into the lyrics, they aren't being unchristian. Christianity should not be a genre of music. and the reason you like the drums more is because it was a different drummer.
    M1stikal
    I believe that what makes a christian band chritian is that they portray a christian world view in their lyrics. as long as that is kept they can sing about whatever they want, as long as it portrays the christian point of view.
    Mike17
    The first three songs are the best, funniest and most fun fuelled three in a row songs by the band well maybe not but on this album they are.
    Rockstar729
    marino13 wrote: Can someone define their normal stuff? Because every cd just about has been different. But all their cds have been better then Five Score. I don't think they have lost their Christianity at all. I think they are layering it rather than just coming right out and saying though.
    Dude, Five Score was one of the best CDs!!!
    mike_biro727
    Relient K is still Christian. Even on their new cd, the bird and the bee sides, listen to the last, the lost, and the least.
    Natrone
    Umm...Relient K is still Christian dude. I don't know what you're thinking, but they're all Christians, they're all still playing and writing music for God. The songwriting has just gotten more complex, and a few are about girls, yes. Doesn't mean that they don't do songs about Christ anymore though.
    pwninator123
    The interview didn't say he thought saying Jesus was uncool, he stated the annoyance that songs got more famous on Christian stations because of, his term, their "JPMs" or Jesus Per Minutes, how many times they use Jesus in a song