The Anatomy Of The Tongue In Cheek review by Relient K

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Relient K: The Anatomy Of The Tongue In Cheek

The sound on this cd is pretty good. It's what you'd expect from a pop-punk band like Relient K. Tons of power chords, some catchy riffs, nothing your grandma couldn't play though. And by that I mean Benji Madden could easily play most of the songs on this CD.

First, the good things. Matt Thiessen can rhyme. That is a plus. The songs on this CD such as "Pressing On" and "For the Moments I Feel Faint" are pretty lyrically ok. Then there are songs like "May the Horse Be With You" which are pretty lyrically lame. Then there's the song, "My Way or the Highway", which completely offended me and I can't believe that nobody has commented on this yet."You got to choose our side and live, or their side and die."? "If it scares you to death, may that be your lesson."? To that I say, not cool Matt Thiessen. Not cool in the least.

Overall, this CD is good compared to Christian rock, not so good compared to a lot of other things. It's worth buying if you see it in the bargain bin for 5 bucks, but other than that, I'm not sure. If it was lost or stolen, I Might buy it again. Maybe.