The Anatomy Of The Tongue In Cheek review by Relient K

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Relient K: The Anatomy Of The Tongue In Cheek

The sound to this album is pretty much the same powerchord, whiny tone that makes every other MTV-punk band call themselves "punk". As for vocals, most bands get semi-whiny singers, but no, not this one. I swear this guy looks and sounds like he hasn't hit puberty yet. One thing I know is that they hired two string players to play in like 2 of thier slow songs, I know this because I borrowed this album from them (thank God, I didn't buy it). The reason that I gave Sound a 2 is soley because I heard the string players on the CD.

Songs like "May The Horse Be With You", "Breakfast At Timpani's", and "My Way Or The Highway (or whatever its called)" just say it all. The lyrics are funnier in the serious songs because they are so lame, and suicidally awfull in thier "funny" songs.

For punk, it sucks. For MTV, it sucks. For Christian, I'm pretty sure it sucks (I don't listen to Christian music). For music, it (guess what?) sucks! How can a band from where Marilyn Manson grew up suck so much? It almost makes me ashamed for living in Cuyahoga Falls (10 miles away).