Two Lefts Don't Make A Right... But Three Do review by Relient K

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Relient K: Two Lefts Don't Make A Right... But Three Do

I would first like to say that yes I am a christian so I'm not just putting this album down because their a christian band. So my brother was looking at this cd at the store and he sampled it and said he thought it was funny and he liked the music, so he bought it. And I listened through it about 3 times and I was like meh its ok. But I soon realised how bad it was. The lyrics need major work. The band as a whole needs to improve and I cant even hear the bassist. I'm sorry Its just not impressive. The band comes across as a bunch of softies. Its not rock and roll, its barely punk. I don't know what to call it. Its just bad. The only fans of reliant K would be girls, christians just dying to hear a christian punk band or a person who dosent like talented creative music as a whole.

Without a doubt one of the worst parts on the cd. The lyrics are childish and cliche. Here is some of the topics they cover - Cell Phones, Mood Rings, Coffee, Brushing Your Teeth, The 80's, gibberish, and other ridiculous subjects. And when they try and talk about God and serious matters it may be hard to take them serious. Wheres the passion, wheres the message? All I see is in-mature songwriting and then here and there a serious song. It dosent work well with the music. And the singer is by no means that good. I don't think he has much range.

Overall it isn't worth listening to. They arent a very talented band. The guitarist isnt bad but he still isn't real good or just dosen't want to show it. Dont get it. If you want good talented christian music get a Blindside album, POD album, or Living Sacriface album. Don't get Switchfoot either. The only good song on their latest is Meant To Live.