Two Lefts Don't Make A Right... But Three Do review by Relient K

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Relient K: Two Lefts Don't Make A Right... But Three Do

This album is full with catchy uptempo pop punk songs, they definately slow it down at times like with the song "Getting into you" it opens up with a fun summertime anthem called "chapstick, chapped lips, and things like chemistry." and is probaly along with their self titled album their most fun fuelled record. Mood rings has some melodic parts, an acoustic outro and some more uptempo riffs. Falling out is a mid tempo song and the bridge adds in some piano to the song. A good blast of the past would be "In love with the 80s" which sounds like it was from that decade, from end to end takes on a more mature sound than the other uptempo songs. The singer, is very talented, and uses sarcasm and other feelings pretty well, and nearly always keeps a certain melody in his voice. The drummer also shows great talent on songs like "Hoopes, I did it again" "chapped stick/chapped lips/chemistry" and "from end to end" Trademark has certain metal undertones to some of its riffs.

Matt uses great wit in lyrics, as well as play on words for example in the song "Chapped stick" (I don't want to be percieved the way I am, I just want to be percieved the way I am) or "hoopes, I did it again" ('cause they say in canton you can't-en joy yourself") as well as "Instead of playing shows we'll be showing plays" songs like "Trademark" contain clever rhyming lines as do "Mood rings", "Hoopes I did it again", "Gibberish" and other songs amongst those.

I think there are songs on this album that easily compare to other artists for example "getting into you" reminds me of jack jhonson while "Chapstick, chapped lips and things like chemistry" probaly has the most FM static feel. I love the fun factor of the album and it is great for summertime and having fun, I don't hate anything about it, but I do feel the occasional song runs a bit short. It's worth buying twice, but I just downloaded all the songs apart from one online anywhere, so there you go.

stradivari310
    People need to understand that the lyrics are meant to be tongue-in-cheek. It makes Relient K what they are.
    pwninator123
    their lyrics are tongue-in-cheek as previously mentioned...it WAS the name of their second album ...people don't get it?