Revival Review

Reverend Horton Heat: Revival
Released: Jun 29, 2004
Genre: Rock
Label: Yep Roc
This CD is definately directed towards adults. There are some very good songs on the CD.
 6.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Revival Reviewed by: nirvanaisbetter, on december 15, 2009

Sound: When I heard The Reverend was making another CD, I was Off the wall! Being a huge fan of these guys, I was extatic, but when the Album was finally in my hands, I was somewhat upset. It doesn't really sound like the old RHH that we know and love. It has some good songs but it just isnt the same. There is alot more country on this album than his other albums. 01. Happy Camper: great song to start with, the guitar craftsmanship in this song is amazing! 02. Revival: the Albums title song, one of the best on the CD. Great solo and Lyrics. 03. Callin' in Twisted: one of the few exsamples of a classic rev sound on this album. Funny lyrics and well composed 04. If It Ain't Got Rhythm: another exsample of classic rev, I`m not really a big fan of the vocals though. 05. New York City Girls: this is an interesting song for the rev, preformance by these guys. 06. Indigo Friends: I think this is my favorite song on the album, There isnt anything really bad about it. 07. Someone in Heaven: well, this is depressing. 08. Octopus Mode: really good song, vocals are awesome and the guitar is very suiting. 09. Party Mad: the reverend should not use piano! 10. Honky Tonk Girl: this song really doesnt sound a thing like something these guys would write. Not too bad though. 11. Lonesome Man: very well crafted song, for some reason i love the way scott plays the drums in this one. 12. I'm Your Pet Rock: this is my second favorite song on the album. awesome guitar and helarious lyrics. 13. Rumble Strip: not a very big fan of this song, it has its moments though. Bass is great in this song. 14. We Belong Forever: this song was so obviously written to be played at weddings. May be my least favorite song on the album 15. Goin' Back Home: I wish all the songs on the album were more like this one, high energy and well made. // 6

Lyrics: On this album, the lyrics really stand out. They arnt as good as many of the reverends other lyrics but they ore the only true thing in this album that kicks you in the teeth. Jim sounds great as well, it is easy to tell that he is ageing, but for his age, he shows us how it is done. // 9

Overall Impression: Compaired to other albums by these guys, this one is my least favorite, but that may just be because of my age. This CD is definately directed towards adults. There are some very good songs on the CD, like Revival, Pet Rock, and The Happy Camper, but there are also some let downs, but only a few. There isn't really anything to hate about this cd, although some of the songs are very lovable. If the CD was ever stolen from me, I would consider buying another copy depending on if all the tracks were still on my computer. // 7

Comments