Places For Breathing review by Revis

• Released: May 20, 2003
Revis: Places For Breathing

Most bands are supposedly unique, but Revis's music is one-of-a-kind. Revis uses acoustic simulators on most verses to make it sound unique. Most choruses are lost, distorted and catchy, while the verse settles everything down. During the solos, the guitarists use effects, giving it a Tom Morello taste to it.

Singer Justin Holman is often compared to Cold's vocalist Scooter. Holman has excellent range and can deliver soothing vocals or angry yells on demand. He sounds a little older than what he really is, but when it is blended in with the music, it sounds awesome. The lyrics are also a key part of Revis. Places for Breathing is based on Holman's relationships. The lyrics are very mature and honest. Lyrical highs can be found on every track. Justin Holman is probably one of my favorite songwriters at this time.

When I first heard this song, it was on the Daredevil soundtrack. Shortly after, I bought the CD. No one instrument on Places for Breathing makes it great, it's the whole band working as one. Nothing really stands out, it's just old school good rock music. If someone stole this CD, I wouldn't get it back at that moment, but I would get it back sooner than later. I would compare Revis to Cold, softened up a bit, and soloist children from Tom Morello of Audioslave/Rage Against The Machine. All of the track on these CD are great, but it all depends on what you are looking for. Acoustic Metal: "Living Rooms" Alternative Rock: "Caught in the Rain" Rock: "Everything After" Alternative Metal: "Seven" Soft Rock: "Places for Breathing" Actually, I can't classify most of these songs... They really stand out on their own. The only thing I hate about the CD is that the songs only last to about 3 minutes apiece, and there is only 11 tracks, so when the CD is over, I am still wanting more. The good thing about this is that they don't drag out ther intros and make it boring and repetitive. If anyone has heard "Caught in the Rain" on the Daredevil Soundtrack should really go out soon and buy this CD.