Existence Is Futile review by Revocation

Revocation: Existence Is Futile

Revocation's sophomore release, Existence is Futile, is also their first release on a major label (Relpase). Like their first album, Existence is Futile takes a bit of Technical Death Metal and Thrash to make a metal force to be reckoned with. From the intro track Enter the Hall you are instantly drawn in and you aren't released until the bluesy lick in the fadeout of The Tragedy of Modern Ages. From the thrashing ReaniManiac to the epic Anthem of the Betrayed, this album is a phenomenal follow up to Revocation's first release.

The vocals haven't changed much since the first album, and neither have the lyrics. Pestilence Reigns is lyrically reminiscent to Exhumed Identity and there are vocal styles used in Deathonomics that were used in Tails From the Crypt as well. Not that I'm complaining. If it worked once, it'll work again. David Davidson's barking vocals grow on you quickly if you don't like them right away. I did notice more backup vocals on this album then the previous which is always good.

As I said in my previous review of Empire of the Obscene, this album surpasses their first. It has all the best aspects that fans came to expect with their first, while improving on them as well, which is what good bands should do. There's not much more to be said. Existence is Futile is a fantastic album.

SoulSyphon
    I cannot understand why the rest of UG isn't raving about these guys, they're f**king awesome