Legendary Tales review by Rhapsody

• Released: Oct 27, 1997
Rhapsody: Legendary Tales

After 2 demos, the italian epic power metal band releases it's first LP. A very original record. A guitar/violin centered sound with great riffs and solos, a talentive high pitched singer, the rest of the musicians are OK too. Average-to-good production. Each and every song has it's own original sound. All the songs are enjoyable in some way. The music is basically melodic/symphonic power metal, but with a touch of fantasy movies soundtrack.

Conceptual album with fantasy lyrics (yes, that cliche. Notice that Rhapsody basically kickstarted the medieval high-fantasy cliche, so they are actually original). Intresting lyrics if you can follow their full discography (if you only own this album, maybe not so much). Epic fantasy lyrics that fit perfectly with their Epic fantasy music. High pitched singer with italian accent. At least it's intresting for me.

Probablly their best album. The rest of the albums are basically a recycle of this one (the lyrics fantasy lyrics do get kinda annoying after a few records), with the same genre, but better production. All the songs are worth listening, but I suggest Land of Immortals and Warrior of Ice. If it was stolen I don't even know if the still sell this album somewhere, but if they still do, hell yeah! I would but it!

Maty_metallica4
    It is one of the best Rhapsody's albums. And the others albums aren't the same... The genre is the same but they do some changes in the vocals and in the guitar. Good Review!! =D