Appeal to Reason review by Rise Against

• Released: Oct 7, 2008
Rise Against: Appeal to Reason

The sound of this band is extrodinary. They really make the music sound hard in certain parts, but really, it's a bunch of simple power chords and palm mutes. I also prefer you to buy this CD because of it's unique way of it's sound. When you listen to it, there are different sounds on each speaker or headset earplug. If you love this sound as much as I do, then you'll know every part of the song and sing along. Listen to each song 20 times and I promise you you'll remember it. The sound of the band is what makes it one of the famous bands now.

The Lyrics in this song kick butt. Tim Mcilrath has some singing skills as well. He is the perfect singer for the band and makes the guys jealous and the gals love him. I know no one else could fill his spot. In some of his songs, he gives a message hidden inside the lyrics that are about the world or the environment. Some are sad, some relaxing, some just downright awesome. They also combine with the music so clearly, you just sit and listen to it for hours. (So please do so)

If you think you can get a better album, well guess what? You can't! This is the best album you'll get your hands on. Don't lose this album. God is watching and he will come and get you if you do. So buy this album a million times if you have to, just have a copy on hand at all times, even if it's on your MP3. If you just want to buy songs, (because it's cheaper) think about purchasing these songs: Re-Education (Through Labor), Audience Of One, Savior, and Hero Of War. Some things I love about the album is that all songs are different. None of them sound the same in many ways at all; they are unique in their own way. One thing I do dislike about this album though, is that when you listen with your friends with an MP3 (One earplug per person) is that the song has different parts. Sometimes, you'll only hear bass, vocals, or even nothing. So be careful with your MP3 if your friends listen with you.

redsoxxplayer
    i'm reading the reviews and it sounds to me a lot like what A.F.I went through. They gradually decreased from punk (while still keeping some of course) and becoming more melodical. A.F.I.'s lyrics also got more serious and a little more dark, just like the reviews say this album is like.
    95@Roy
    this band is like my fav band and after reading these reviews they are like beasting yea the volcals are good the guitar is good the drums bass every thing is good thats wyh it sounds good keep up the good work RISE AGAINST!!!!!
    Jon777
    This is definitely their best album yet. Whoever gave the album a 4 should think again.
    voicesoffcamera
    This is FAR from their best album yet. I'm all for personal opinion but I don't see what anybody see's in this album. It is trash. Don't tell me to think again, I've already made up my mind, this is the worst album by far so go ahead and worship this musical s***.
    GiveItAll
    This album isn't as "fresh" (experimental, varied, out of the box) Siren Song of the Counter Culture and The Unraveling, but it harkens back to some of the Country-ish stuff in in the Unraveling and is a natural evolution from the nice power they've found in The Sufferer and the Witness. The vocals however have been dramatically toned down from Sufferer, which in itself was kindof toned down, but it was forgivable there because the songs were good and had the same rage in them that fueled their previous works. In their new album, however, the songs themselves were made less aggressive and the songs themselves aren't that great either. I thought this album was really bland, and hey, I was one of the people that disliked screaming parts of the older Rise Against and only put up with them because they made a nice contrast with the melodic parts. In the middle of the album the songs begin to sound the same because the lack of thinking outside the box in this album, but lets ignore that for now: In the songs themselves, there are musical phrases that feel incomplete and sometimes placed randomly (especially in bridges and prechoruses), and some of the melodies that RA wrote up aren't that great. And there is also a glaring lack of evolution in their album from Sufferer, it builds on the melodic parts, power, and layering off of Sufferer and "westernize" it... but that's exactly what they did in the song "But tonight we dance" which is on the UK version of Sufferer (and thus they wrote it later probably), and basically has the SAME EXACT style as this album.