Appeal to Reason review by Rise Against

• Released: Oct 7, 2008
Rise Against: Appeal to Reason

This album is amazing. Ok, that aside, this album is less hardcore, not much, but a little. There are a lot less screams than past albums, some may like it, I kinda miss it. Their songs are all great, I can just listen to this album over and over, and I always want to listen to their songs twice or three times in a row.

The lyrics are very deep. Tim has always written great, deep lyrics. He goes from Hero of War, a song about a young man and his experience with war, to Entertainment, a song bashing the whole entertainment industry, to Long Forgotten Sons, a song about the people who are still there trying to make things better. As always with Tim, expect awesomeness with the vocals. This guy can sing amazingly. He has a great voice, never can get tired of him. He also can scream like no other. I went to a concert of theirs and when he was screaming, it looked like it to no more effort than talking. Amazing.

This is probably one of my favorite albums. I actually would call this my second favorite. Siren Song of the Counter Culture would have to be first. If this CD was stolen. I'd hunt down whoever stole it from me! Then buy them a copy. This CD is good enough to share.

Sheogorath
    GiveItAll wrote: bah i liked sufferer but EVERYONE who knows music should know his was a step backwards. I mean i don't hold anything against them for taking screaming away, as thats the direction they wanted to go, but they still should, most importantly, MAKE GOOD MUSIC, some of their worst songs EVER came from this album, and there were only handful of good ones though there were several ok ones. One HORRIBLE song was audience of one
    You are a . . . *thinking of the right word* . . . idiot, yeah idiot would work
    voicesoffcamera
    Sheogorath wrote: You are a . . . *thinking of the right word* . . . idiot, yeah idiot would work
    Yes...he's an idiot because he has a different opinion than yours and can see this album is not nearly as well written as their older works...we should all now bow before your intellectual prowess.
    Roan_Minstrel
    Hav you guys seen the savior music video? Any one know what going on besides stuffed animal cruelty and destruction of instruments