Generation Lost [DVD] Review

artist: Rise Against date: 12/29/2006 category: compact discs
Rise Against: Generation Lost [DVD]
Release Date: December 5, 2006
DVD includes exclusive never-before-seen band documentary plus live in-concert performance shot in May 2006 at LA's legendary Troubadour.
 Content: 7
 Production Quality: 8
 8.4
 8.7
review (1) 24 comments vote for this album:
Generation Lost [DVD] Reviewed by: shugo449, on december 29, 2006

Sound: Rise Against sound is like a sonic onslaught of punk rock fused with the screaming of Tim Mcllrath, and this DVD shows just how much they really are like that. This DVD is a Documentary called "How we Survive", which talks about the tours that they partake in. As for music, you really get to hear them and see how good they really are live in the "Burn Hollywood Burn" section. They sound amazing live. Even so, the "Like The Angel" and "Paper Wings" solo sound better. it's the best they've sounded yet. // 10

Overall Impression: As a die hard Rise Against fan, I was somewhat Dissapointed with this DVD. I was hoping to see some good live footage, but only for songs are played live. The best thing on it is the live performances, though. I love how it features all of their music videos and the making of "Swing Life Away" and "Ready To Fall", I was dissapointed with the live cuts, and was presently surprised with the "How We Survive" documentary. For a Rise Against fan like me, get this DVD. If your not a big fan, save your money and buy something else. // 7

Comments