Revolutions Per Minute review by Rise Against

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
Rise Against: Revolutions Per Minute

Rise Against has a perfect blend of punk rock influence mixed with touches of hardcore punk. They play with passion and skill, and this CD demonstrates their sound very well. It's the first major label debut from Rise Against, and although some stores make the CD pricey, believe me, it's worth every penny (there is also a hidden track on the album. It's an awesome cover. Hint: let the last song play for a bit even after it's ended).

Rise Against's singer is amazing. He has a good all-around punk voice, and a fiery scream. He's also got a thing where he'll scream, but it's seemingly on-tone. This means that he can have the violent passion of a scream going on, while still maintaining a nice vocal melody. To this day I don't know of any other singer that can do this. The lyrics fit the style very well, and are generally very nicely written.

This is a favorite album of mine, and is one I listen to all the time. Again, as my other reviews so gladly proclaim, this is a CD that you can just pop in and let play. Every song is really good, and you'll never be dissapointed with a track. I would reccomend this CD to any punk rock/hardcore punk fan, and reccomend Rise Against's other two CD's as well. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy another copy for sure.