Revolutions Per Minute review by Rise Against

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
Rise Against: Revolutions Per Minute

This is a fantastic work of punk. The guitar work is great, and Rise Against have a great drummer (My only complaint is the lack of variety in the drum patterns though, how odd). Rise always has been and continues today to be a political punk band, and this CD really thrashes this message out there. It's not necessarily innovative, but innovation is not what you're looking for here.

Tim McIlrath > You. That's simply all there is to it. His voice is simply amazing. It can be a raspy power-shout or deeply rich. The lyrics are great and phenomenally catchy; the first track begins with "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're alive, or that you really live." This gets stuck in your head and won't get out, but it's okay, you won't want it out.

Revolutions Per Minute is a fantastic album. It and its follow-up are two of my most played CDs. Blood-Red, White And Blue is phenomenal, and I particularly like Heaven Knows, Like The Angel, and Torches. On the bizarre side is the hidden track: a cover of "Any Way You Want It" by Journey. I literally laughed out loud when it started, then realized they were serious. That's a wierd track. But it's no big deal, it's the hidden track, so it doesn't matter anyway. If you steal this, I will kill you and take the CD from your dead body. But seriously, this is a great punk album.

octopig
    wow this is a first Im the first one to post, Im very proud of myself. Just wait a little so I can soak up the great feeling..... Ok its all good now this was a cool cd but siren song sufferand witness and unraveling were better i say.
    a-fmaster15
    this is by far one of the best punk albums, and defiantly Rise Against best album. The solo on "Like the Angel" is amazing, i just mastered it on the guitar after weeks of figuring it out. Anyways, definately pick this up, GREAT ALBUM!
    a-fmaster15
    this is by far one of the best punk albums, and defiantly Rise Against best album. The solo on "Like the Angel" is amazing, i just mastered it on the guitar after weeks of figuring it out. Anyways, definately pich this up, GREAT ALBUM!