Revolutions Per Minute review by Rise Against

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
Rise Against: Revolutions Per Minute

On Revolutions Per Minute, the sound Rise Against had on The Unraveling becomes more redifined and has more of a "trademarked" sound. Tim's screaming is more crisp and clear, the solos are a lot better and more common, and the band is so in sync with each other it's amazing. My favorite tracks are "Black Masks And Gasoline", "Like the Angel", "Broken English", "Blood Red White And Blue" and "Amber Changing". The sound is what you would expect form them, with distorted guitars churning out punk rock power chords, jazzy drums, screams, and bass actually being an important part of the song, not just bum-buming in the background.

Tim's lyrics are amazing. You can tell they are from the heart and that he is really trying to make a point besides good music. They are about burning it all down to build it back up and other things that will make you concious of the world and want to do something.

This album is truely amazing. It has great classic rock like solos while keeping a good hardcore punk mentality. I love all the musical and vocal work, but sometomes I just get sick how many times they repeat the chorus on some tracks. If I lsot this I wouldn't by a new one, cause I would have already killed myself 'cause I didn't have it. Seriously though, it's really that good. Everyone should buy this, not just a fan of Rise Against.

Death 0tter
    This album defined Rise Against and they continue to do their best throughout their others. This and Siren Song of the Counter Culture are the best ones. Life changing experience, Rise Against has been for me. Like the Angel is in my opinion the best song on the album, it gets right to my heart. Definetly worth buying, plus buying spares in case you lose it. Never gets old.