Revolutions Per Minute review by Rise Against

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
Rise Against: Revolutions Per Minute

The sound itself is fine, although the guitars' sound can get really annoying at some times. The guitarists and especially the drummer are phenomenal! Their playing just fits the singing and the atmosphere of the album perfectly. It's even more impressive because in most of the modern punk rock bands it's an only 4 chord-based song (usually power chords). The bass doesn't get much attention in most of the songs, but when it is gets the attention, it just adds so much... So I would give it a 9, because the music is so fantastic but the sound itself drops it to a 9.

The lyrics, just like in most of Rise Against's records, is absolutely stunning. Tim's singing is so great in this albums, filled with adrenaline and anger. I really don't have anything bad to say about the singing. It just goes so well with the music... If I could I would rate it much more than 10.

I must say, this album is one of the best modern punk albums I've ever heard. First of all, each song have its unique signature on your emotions, and you just fly away with each song to a wonderful trip. I would never get tired of any of the songs in this album. My favorite songs are "Black Masks And Gasoline", "Heaven Knows", "Voices Off Camera" and "Torches". I really can't use words to describe the greatness of this album. The only thing I actually didn't like is the sound (especially the sound of the guitars), and I think more "balls" to the sound of the guitars would fit much more. To summarize, it's for me almost a perfect punk-rock record, and if I'd have lost it, I'd buy it again without a single doubt. (Oh and sorry for my English.)