Siren Song of the Counter Culture review by Rise Against

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Rise Against: Siren Song of the Counter Culture

Where would we be without the sweet, fast, inspiring music that Rise against has to offer for us all? I mean seriously, the sound this album has makes me want to get up and do something really cool, whether It's the hard core sounds of "State Of The Union" the movtivation that the songs "Give It All" and "Life Less Frightning" will bring or the mellow vibes of "Swing Life Away," these guys are stright ill.

These guys are deep. Period. I'm definatly down with anybody who's not down with Bush and can put the phrase "This world can be a cold motha f--ker." In the best way possible in a lot of their songs. I really like Tim Mcllrath's voice, especially the way he can sing and scream at the same time. "Swing Life Away" is definatly the #1 pick of songs I would sing and play on guitar to my chick, that is, if I had one.

Dang. This is one of the greatest punk albums ever, if the the greatest. Everything about it just blew me away. I've listened to this cd so many times through, and the stuff never gets old. Kids, remember the day you listened to Siren Song Of The Counter Culture for the first time, because these guys are going down in history.