Siren Song of the Counter Culture review by Rise Against

• Released: Mar 28, 2005
Rise Against: Siren Song of the Counter Culture

I bought this album about three or four years ago after I heard the song "Give it All" in a video game. I was immediately impressed with the sound of the album. When I got this album, I was just getting into music. I could tell that it was something special with my lack of musical knowledge. All the songs are amazing. The guitar, drums, and bass all complement the vocals and each other perfectly. With the exception of Swing Life Away, the songs are energetic, fast, and sound great with the volume turned all the way up. Swing Life Away is an incredible acoustic song, definitely my favorite acoustic song of all time. State of the Union is a great opening song, and it sets the mood for the rest of the album. The song is angry, loud, and aggressive. The vocals are completely screaming, which normally I don't like. There's something about this song that makes it okay though. My favorite song is either Anywhere but Here or Paper Wings. When I think of the album, those are the songs that come to mind. It's hard to pick favorites though.

The lyrics are what make this album so amazing. I get chills when I hear Tim's lyrics, they are simple unbelievable. The lyrics are poetic, and you can really hear the message of the band in the lyrics. These are the lyrics I wish I could write. The way Tim delivers them is amazing too. He has a great voice, singing and screaming.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. Since the time I bought it, the longest I've gone without listening to it is two weeks. It inspired me to start writing songs and to start a band. Each member of the band has shown that they are the best at what they do. I got all of my friends into Rise Against by listening to this album constantly. I highly recommend that everyone with ears should buy this album and love it. It's one of the best albums of our time and it proves that Rise Against is one of the best bands out there.

Death 0tter
    This album inspired me to listen to Rise Against for the rest of my life as excessivly as possible. I've been a fan for 3 years and only continue to love this band more. BEST ALBUM EVER in my opinion at least. It inspires me in everything i do. This album has made me who i am and i think everyone in the world should own this. It's smart and emotional. A revolution to musik, Rise Against.
    pwninator123
    can_i_say wrote: this is what punk should be for teen generations get rid of the emo
    Emo is just Emotive Hardcore Punk...learn your genres before you bash them
    RiseAgainst123
    Best album ever by best band ever (well in my opinion anyway) this album is a masterpiece from start to finish, as for all their other. Rise Against are living legends!!!!!
    ultimatelefty
    Great album. Can't say I agree with Dancing For Rain being the worst on the album though, but it's probably my favourite RA album!