The Sufferer & the Witness review by Rise Against

• Released: Jul 28, 2006
Rise Against: The Sufferer & the Witness

The Abulm is the 4th album released by Rise Against. For those of you that don't know, Rise Against is a hardcore punk band, but in my opinion they stand out from most of the other artist. It is truely a very good album. The Guitar is very catchy (ex. Injection, Under The Knife). As always, Tim McIlrath has an amazing voice, which he uses to full extent in this album. The drums sound more improved, for those of you who felt the drum patterns in "Revolutions Per Minute" were boring. A great sounding album.

Anyone who has listened to Rise Against and listened to there lyrics knows that they are AMAZING song writers. One line I like from a track called "Drones" is "If strength is born from heartbrake, many mountains I could move. And if walls could speak I'd pray that they would tell me what to do." Lyrics fit the music perfectly, and like I said awhile ago, Tim McIlrath has a perfect voice, the best I've heard from any band today.

In my most honest opinion, I believe "Revolutions Per Minute" is an all around better album then this, because all the songs on that are very good, but there are some songs on here that I could listen to over and over again. The greatest songs in my opinion on this album are, "Chamber The Cartridge," "Injection," "Ready To Fall," "Under The Knife," and "Prayer Of The Refugee." Those are my favorite musically, lyrically "The Approaching Curve" is a great lyric song. I love everything about this album. If it were lost I would buy two, just incase I lost it again.