The Sufferer & the Witness review by Rise Against

• Released: Jul 28, 2006
Rise Against: The Sufferer & the Witness

This bands sound is incredible, the way they blend in the guitar (adimittedly, it is full of power chords, but what can be expected from punk). Powerful, raw energy channeled to this listener via music, this band is sure to blow you away. All of the songs are different, so you won't get bored. If you have heard any of the band's other CD's, you will most certainly not be dissapointed with this album. Personally I own every album they have released, and I think that this one is by far the best, but that is only my opinion, and I've listened to all their other songs at least 50 times, so maybe it's just the fact that the songs are new =p the only drawback I find is that one song is mostly speaking, and I bought the CD to hear singing, not speaking.

The lyrics. Definitly the strongest point with this band. the lyrics are simply amazing. All you have to do is read the lyrics to see how much work and thought this band puts into their music. Strong, agressive lyrics, very very meaningful, I have yet to see an album with better lyrics. The lyrics also blend perfectly with the music, and the vocalist is very talented, which go well together hehe. The vocalist manages to have a raspy voice that is also melodious, in a very unique way, difficult to explain.

The album is most defintly the best of all of their albums released so far. Their most impressive songs would have to be Injection and The Good Left Undone, both with excellent lyrics and a catchy melody. I love the lyrics this CD offers, the way they blend with music is amazing. I can't say I really hate anything about this album, unless it's the fact that there arent enough songs on it. I listen to it, and then again, and again. The album is only about 45 minutes long, and it goes through quickly when you are listening to it. The only way to experience is to, obviously, buy the CD, like moi, and no stealing! Otherwise they will be forced to get a normal job and no more music making for Rise Against, and it will be your fault! If this CD was stolen erm. I'd find the thief, burn him alive, and buy another one, rinse and repeat if it happens again.

sXe-punk
    this is by far the one of the best bands ive ever heard.the guitar is amazing, the bass lines are awesome and the drum beats are unbelievable. and if you think theyre not punk then youre an idiot. this cd is so amazing and so diverse and is probably my fav out of all their albums.
    next.matt.heafy
    what up. most of u are right, it is a different from other stuff in some ways, but isnt that why bands put out cd's? if every single album was the same, whats the point? and some wanker ^ above a bit and A7X-Rise is right, who cares what genre it is? if it good, it s good, too many people dont get the opportunity to hear about great bands cos theyre pidgeonholed by genres so ppl think they all sond the same...think about t...o, and the person with the name "tvkillsnathan", eat my balls...screaming isnt dead, you're just too sheltered by the parents that spank ur little man every night....alrightee, i think im done, haha...bye all
    next.matt.heafy
    **** my grammar is shocking, that should be: it is a different ALBUM form THEIR other stuff....and forget that stuff about the wanker, the wanker is tvkillsnathan....i just didnt delete that part i started before i wrote it elsewhere in the comment...
    fender3592
    after listening to the cd more more songs have grown on me, so just to put this out there these are my new favs. chamber, ready to fall, bricks(love the part where all the music stops for a split sec then the backing vocals shout "something true"), prayer for the refuge, drones, worth dying for, and roadside.
    justin43091
    this album is nasty good. they have definitley matured. if you listen to alive and well, and then ready to fall right in a row, you can tell the difference. their sound is so much better, more refined. theyve found where they need to be my fav was chamber the cartridge
    justin43091
    for all of you who think screaming is bad, is old, their vocalist makes it tasteful, and it doesnt seem out of place
    black_coffin
    i hate people who bag out punk hardcore punk and hardcore cos they suck i love rise against and theyre song roadside