The Sufferer & the Witness review by Rise Against

• Released: Jul 4, 2006
Rise Against: The Sufferer & the Witness

The sound on this album is astonishing. The guitars on this album overwhelming and unlike some punk bands Rise Against make their guitar pretty challenging in most of their songs and only a few songs are easy to play. The bass on this album is really good and the song has a really good bassline in it is called "Drones". The drums on this album amazed me, Rise Against always use the same drumming techniques but it is different in every song with the kick ass drumrolls, the fast paced guitar and the overwhelming bass Rise Against are a band that are skilled at what they do.

The lyrics are overwhelming on this album it's mostly what punk bands sing about. There are very political songs on this album, there is songs about hate, suicide, love, hate and a bunch more of stuff. So yah the lyrics were genious and Tim is amazing at singing.

Wow this album blows away most of the punk albums out there today and I seriously cannot get enough of these guys. This album really affected me and my life and these guys music helped me out a lot. The best songs on this album are Survive, The Good Left Undone, Behind Closed Doors, Prayer of The Refugee, Under The Knife, Ready To Fall, Injection, and Worth Dying For. I would recommend this album to anyone if you hate George Bush pick it up, tough times hell yah and most of all if you are a punk fan get this CD it blows most of the cds out of the water.

jimmy_h_
    definitely one of the best albums i've heard this year. Rise Against are so consistent and solid, they've matured along with their sound (which was already kinda grown up), but still kept enough of their old stuff to keep the hardcore fans going (hardcore as in not in genre). I reckon we have a band and a half here.
    jimmy[rockstar]
    Rise Against is, by far, the best band i have listened to. Fantastic guitar and drum work, it flows very well. Tim is absolutely amazing. His lyrics are phenomenal, and his voice is awesome, to say the least. All three albums are on the top of my CD collection. I cant wait for another album to be released by them.
    mitchwatters19
    tvkillsnathan wrote: genre arguements are for queers. Screaming is f***ing dead. All these bands sound the same. I'm sure they have super long song titles, too. but I wouldn't know bc I don't waste my time w trash like rise against.
    actually, i cant think of any band that sounds like rise against, i dont think they are "punk" ..punk is gay like NOFX, Rancid and that shitty music..punk blows..rise against is sick