The Sufferer & the Witness review by Rise Against

• Released: Jul 28, 2006
Rise Against: The Sufferer & the Witness

On The Sufferer and The Witness, Rise Against fourth studio album, they out do them selves completely. It boasts the undergound hit "Ready to Fall", the mainstream hit and MTV success "Prayer of the Refugee", and the slowely rising "Injection", all great songs those songs are great, but the best songs are the little ones, like "Bricks", "The Good Left Undone", and "Behind Closed Doors". The later has a great solo, but these songs are great as a whole. The combination of Tim's singing skills, Chris' guitar playing, Joe's awesome slapish weird sounding bass, and Brandon's jazz druming, this CD isn't only good for the guitar, like a lot of recent metal CDs(I'm not saying this is metal). Chris is a great guitarist. He knows when to hold back and when to go crazy, giving his playing a lot more depth. Great sounding.

As usual, Rise Against are singing about this world we live in and what's wrong with it, even though singer Tim McIlrath says "We're not a political band, we just have a couple political songs.". Sorry Tim, but, not true. You can't deny that you are. At least, unlike a lot of bands, that's not all they linger on. Also, unlike a lot of people, they can get over that and are trying to find a solution. Good change of pace for a lot of bands.

This disk is a lot like Siren Song was, but the guitar solos are a little riffier, and they have some different songs then you would expect. My favorite tracks are "Behind Closed Doors", "Injection", "The Good Left Undone", "Bricks", and "Drones". This a great disk, for any normal person who's heard "Ready to Fall" or "Prayer of the Refugee" and wants to hear more, and a must for any Rise Against, especially for a die hard fan like myself. Now, one last thing. Why are you reading this? You should be buying it!

paccko137
    i dont care who you are, this cd kicks ass. i think its their best one yet =) go rise against!!!
    paccko137
    k mitchwatters19, your a fag, if you dont like the music dont take time out of your schedual to bash awesome bands stick to your gay stuff we'll listen to ours.....you suck rise against rocks the f*ck outta any thing you throw at it!