The Unraveling review by Rise Against

• Released: Apr 24, 2001
Rise Against: The Unraveling

On The Unraveling, Rise Against's first CD, they have a lot more of a hardcore-punk sound, unlike how their two newest releases have been more of a melodic punk. The band consists of Tim on vocals, Joe on bass and Brandon on drums like always. But, on guitar is Dan Precision, their first guitar player and Joe's former band member. On The Unraveling, Tim's scream is a lot more deeper; comparable to Spencer from Underoath's scream. My favorite tracks are "Gethsemane", "Six Ways 'Til Sunday", "Join The Ranks", "401 Kill", "The Art Of Losing" and "Everchanging."

Tim's lyrics on this CD are a lot like most first punk bands lyrics would be. They have a lot to do with rebellion and some have to do with despair, but also have to do with trends and other light hearted things related to being younger. They fit real well with the music, and sometimes Tim screaming makes his words more intense and meaningful.

The Unraveling is definetly my favorite Rise Against CD. As their first CD, it captures more of a younger light hearted Rise Against. A lot of the songs are under two minutes, which I love, cause they are easy to learn and they packed 18 tracks on. I love every single socond of it! A must for any Rise Against, a strong recomendation for any hardcore punk fan.

SG-Burchett
    My Life inside your heart, everchanging and faint resemblance are AWESOME tracks-but those are not the only ones this album kicks all of modern pop punk's ass
    ihaterap69
    i have the original issue, and it sounds just fine. the best song is everchanging by far.
    Adam_Harrison9
    i love this cd. The best tracks are: my life inside your heart, the unraveling, 1000 good intentions and evercahnging.
    sbpark95