Bridges Will Burn review by Rise to Remain

• Released: Feb 14, 2010
Rise to Remain: Bridges Will Burn

Impression: The first time I put this EP on I was instantly blown away by the title track 'Bridges Will Burn' It has heart pounding riffs going into a calm chorus then churning out an almight wah filled solo. It then moves on to my personal favourite 'Nothing Left' which has a chorus that you will not forget in a hurry. After that it moves onto probably the most loved track 'Purify' which features almighty screams of varying pitches from the band's singer Austin Dickinson who is the son of Iron Maiden legend Bruce Dickinson. The album then moves onto the wall of death song 'Illusive Existence' and the only thing I can say about the drums on this song is that they are absolutely brutal. Following that almighty onslaught of guitars and drums the next song 'Salvation' is slower, but make no mistake, it is still filled with fast riffs and amazing screams. The final song from this EP is called 'Fracture' which starts along the lines of Salvation with fast fretwork and drums to match, it is a great swansong to a great EP.

Austin Dickinson is an absolute genius when it comes to songwriting, all the lyrics fit every single song with nothing seeming out of place at all. The lyrics fit very well with the style of music (Metalcore) and Austin Dickinson has a very wide range of screams, ranging from very deep to very high, rounding it off with an amazing natural singing voice that brings every chorus to life.

If I had to compare Rise to Remain to a band/bands I would have to say they follow along the lines of Trivium and Chimaira, with Bullet For My Valentine like riffs. The most impressive song on the whole EP has to be either Purify or Illusive Existence, I've been at one of their gigs and those were the two songs that got everyone going. The things I love most about the EP has to be the amazing guitar solos, the amazing fretwork, the brutal drumming and of course Austin Dickinson's amazing wide range of screams and his overall singing and the fact that nothing ever seems out of place.

Drapte
    How about if you dont like listen to metalcore dont listen to it mate. These guys are heartstopping and stunning. The sweeping in bridges will burn (the title track),has more emotion then anything since Animals as Leaders - Point to Point
    EpiExplorer
    kellen.dobmeier
    Sorry kiddo, but the review isn't up to par with the required quality of this site (in order for it to be taken seriously). I do appreciate that you attempt to spell everything correctly but your sentence structure needs major work. Also, I suggest that you look up some basic musical terms for each instrument including vocals. You don't really sound like you know what you're talking about. Some constructive criticism. Take it seriously, but not to heart.
    Glenn Guitar
    alles7
    EpiExplorer wrote: All I can say is, Bruce would be dissappointed with the music. (note, not his son) Its just basic metalcore. very basic. At least Trivium have the guitarwork and chimera have the death metal influence, but this is just bland. And what a cliche name for an EP. Whats interesting though is that they spent time with WellerHill studios, two of the ex members of SikTh..
    my thoughts exactly...
    Nirvanarien
    I just looked at the bands logo and already could tell that it was Metalcore. I never really liked Metalcore but they aren't really trying to stand out and be unique now are they?
    EpiExplorer
    Glenn Guitar wrote: This album is pretty great. everythings catchy and they are great live. this band could go far, they've got sonisphere and download this year.
    Thats only because Iron Maiden are there for one of them..? This band have nothing in the way of shiny new talent.
    Thrash.aholic
    Wow this sucks...sounds like common metalcore...sounds like I've heard all the riffs before...plus typical song structure, starts with basic metalcore riffing, screams, and about 2 minutes in there's a gay singing chorus. Ugh
    sumrandomguy93
    I find it amazing how whiney people get about bands who's genre they don't even listen to/ like. If you don't like it, don't listen to it and let people that appreciate the music enjoy it. They are an increidble band and the sweeping Bridges Will Burn is heartstopping, I've not heard anything like it for a while.
    Guy101
    Exactly, don't complain about them because they don't play a genre if you enjoy. If you don't like metalcore you're obviously not gonna like this band so what's the point in commenting? I've just started listening to this EP properly and it's sounding impressive.
    henrihell
    Wierd how all the good coments have -1 and all the bad ones have +1... Haters will hate, but please, stop whining, they are really great!