The All-Star Sessions review by Roadrunner United

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Roadrunner United: The All-Star Sessions

The sound on this CD is awesome. turn up your speakers and the first track 'The Dagger' will totally blow your ears off. Save the best to last is not something they have done in this album. The tracks will show you what you can really play if you learn an instrument well or work on your singing. The styles used in this CD are generally singing with a few songs of screaming, they guitars are fast, tuned low and some songs are accompanied by a killer solo e.g. 'The Dagger' solo played by Jeff Waters, Annihilator's guitarist.

The skills of the numerous vocalists taking part in the creation of the record is amazing, if you don't like the vocals in ine song that you like, you will almost 100% find the style for you if your looking at a metal/rock album. The lyrics go well with the sound of the guitars and drums, this CD has built up thrash, interludes before and after heavy riffs, screams and a lot more. Trust me, if you were given 7.99, go straight to iTunes or a CD store and get it, your an idiot not to.

The most impressive songs are 'The Dagger,' 'Army Of The Sun,' 'In The Fire' and 'The End'. This is the best album I've ever owned out of around 80 of my metal CDs. If this was stolen I would get a new one definatly, you must have this album. The only thing I dislike about the album is that roadrunner united was only a 'one-off' band, made up of 46 bands with 54 musicians celebrating roadrunner records 25th anniversary. I only wish they could have made a few more albums.

GuitarHero0715
    laid-to-rest wrote: yeah king diamond sounds wierd on in the fire
    [x]Huffy[x]
    GuitarHero0715 wrote: laid-to-rest wrote: yeah king diamond sounds wierd on in the fire He sounds just fine, but has anyone else noticed that both of the hands on the cover have cut wrists?
    You know when you do the devil horns? The muscle in your wrist rises up. They're not cut wrists on the cover, they're muscle, bone etc.
    macaroni
    duncang: stop giving every song 10/10. and imo the end and no way out totally wrecks the album. in the fire, the dagger, the enemy and annhilation by the hands of god are my favourites.
    Bunyip
    Ohhhhh Help meeee! No! your gonna Die.....In The Fire lol (all in high pitch shrill) King diamond is awesome. I dont listen to merciful fate or his solo stuff but I love that song