Educated Horses review by Rob Zombie

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Rob Zombie: Educated Horses

Rob Zombie's latest offering "Educated Horses" is much like his films in a way, it grabs you by the neck and refuses to let go until its had its way with you. A harsh yet melodic introduction with "Sawdust In The Blood" is a fine way to catch you off guard and make you ready for something faster, more powerful and it gives you what you want. "American Witch" is the first track to pound the listener and its rather memorable chorus will stick in your head. Rob has a strange way of bringing together very well put together accoustic tracks like "100 ways" and throwing them in with more raw and fast tracks like "Let It All Bleed Out." 01. Sawdust In The Blood - drum beat hits your system first followed by a soft piano line that is haunting. 02. American Witch - harsh guitars drag you into Rob's just as harsh voice. Quickly leads into the catchy chorus "The end, the end, of the American." 03. Foxy Foxy - first single off the CD, very fun guitar riff that follows through the entire song. Another catchy chorus and Rob's voice is softer in this song. 04. 17 Year Locust - very interesting guitar sound in the song leading into a much more menacing guitar that assaults your ears. 05. The Scorpion Sleeps - one of the more fun songs on the CD as Rob's voice keeps you going and makes you want to sing along with him. 06. 100 Ways - an instrumental interlude, again piano's are used in the song. Very soft and nice to break up the CD. 07. Let It All Bleed Out - the fastest song on the CD and may be the one that fans will enjoy the most, very nice shreding involved. 100 Ways sets you up perfectly for this song. 08. Death Of It All - a softer track but still keeps the darker tone of the CD and Rob's lyrics complement the song perfectly. 09. Ride - the piano again draws the listener in for the guitar riff to knock them down, vocal parts lead the listener right up for the chorus to kick in again. 10. The Devil's Rejects - southern feel to this song, from the movie of the same name. Not really a stand out track but still a nice track for the sound it creates. 11. The Lords Of Salem - menacing guitar riff matching right with Rob's echoing voice to create an interesting way to end the CD. Gives a true feeling of a "live" song. Overall however the album is impressive at giving fans what they always expect and crave out of Rob.

This is an interesting part of this CD, if you look at the chorus of "American Witch" the line is "The End, The End, Of The American." It's something that gets stuck in your head for better or for worse. Rob's lyrics always go well with his music and it is never obvious if something doesn't seem right for a song. Alot of the chorus's on the CD are very similar in the set up however. Most will just repeat the same set of words over and over, it's not bad and it works well but some variety would be nice. Again though this style has been done through all of Rob's music and it's never done him wrong in the past so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The CD delievers what fans always look for in his music, it can be fast and menacing while still being melodic and well produced. The songs all in their own way are great, everyone has something different in it that makes the whole CD itself a journey. The CD is (going into Rob's movies) much like being tortured, it can hurt you one minute and then give you a minute to breath right before it comes back for round 2. For fan's the CD will not disappoint as it maintains Rob's style and flare for creating an ambiance that can make the listener picture a situation for every song, be it good or bad. Impressive in the way it is all put together "Educated Horses" will make a great addition to fans, and even the causal listeners CD collection.

SGDiablo
    White Zombie was a great band, however i am a fan of the rock bands of yore such as Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones etc. and rarely listen to modern music. However, this album to me is one of those rare gems in modern rock which is a bottomless void filled with whiny pop/punk bands, relentless ear-blistering nu-metal and such. I won't guarantee you will like this album, but it is still worth a look.
    RIP Dime
    Rob is a great musician, even though I prefer White Zombie, but they are long gone. I love his regular singing(like the singing in Thunderkiss 65'), the kinda barking in Dragula....not so much.
    Bull3t
    Ooooh! I think i ... PREDICT A RIOT!!! (Even though the Kaiser Chiefs Suck major cock but still y'know lol...
    Maggotkiller
    Wang master wrote Rob Zombie is a Pussy. It sounds like you need some you dumb bitch Rob Zombie kicks ASS!!
    Bull3t
    wangmaster wrote: Rob Zombie is a pussy!!!!
    Hey **** you ya little tit, Rob Zombie has to be one of the most respected guys around... Don't come back and post comments on rob until you respect him you little faggot grr.... Go rob ! Oh yeah, Erm... Just downloaded all the albums from both white zombie and rob zombie FUCKING ACE
    jtmcgilbery
    Let me start by saying. I am a huge Zombie fan, White & Rob, and i must say his music is the kind that I love to jam to. It may not be the most talent-filled music, but it has it's place in the world. I don't know what I would do without some Zombie to listen to every now & then. As for this album it was so-so, or atleast good enough for me to swing by his concert this year.
    EmoSlayer666
    Im tired of hearing people whine about when bands release new albums. you guys bag on them so you can try to make other people think you know what your talking about.But im just wondering.. How many albums did you guys sell?
    Panterica
    Synyster Gates : Fuckyea its about time Rob came out with some new stuff
    wait are you actually Syn?
    DavepallekA
    Looks pretty cool. I heard 'Foxy, Foxy' a while back. It was a little weird for me, but enjoyable none the less. The rest sounds pretty cool for that album. The song titles alone make it interesting. I be lookin' into this.
    iammetal
    idk is it really worth the $14.00?????somebody thats not a hardcore fan-opinion????!
    oscar7557
    i have that album i still havent listened to it cuse most of zombie's music sucks sept for like what 8 songs????
    Spankey
    Good album, not as good as hellbilly delux though but good. different, but what you like about hellbilly is there.
    other
    I started watchin' the foxy foxy video on tv.....I changed the channel