Educated Horses review by Rob Zombie

• Released: Mar 28, 2006
Rob Zombie: Educated Horses

Educated Horses isn't as good as most of his other stuff was. I mean, yeah, it's hard to keep up with the reputation set up by Hellbilly Deluxe, but it's possible. Some good songs, not all good songs, but enough to listen to. Lets go down the list, shall we? 01. Sawdust In The Blood - good song. Instrumental sound that makes you feel like you just murdered someone, and you are walking away. 02. American Witch - not one of the best on the album. it's a popular song, but just doesn't appeal to me. Catchy, yes. Annoying to have stuck in your head? Yes. 03. Foxy, Foxy - as much as I love Rob Zombie, I completely and utterly despise this song. The only part that is remotely close to past Zombie music is the chicks moaning after the chorus. Skip this one. 04. 17 Year Locust - good intro, nice riff. I like the tune of the song too. it's got that haunted country house feel, and then transfers to Zombie-Techno. Pretty good. 05. 100 Ways - instrumental, but not as good as Sawdust In The Blood. It's OK, but not classic Zombie. 06. Let It All Bleed Out - hardcore, heavyass, make-your-head-explode song. Sick riffs (even if they are a bit simple), and a general heat to the song. Makes you want to beat the shit out of someone. Just a great heavy metal song. Not classic Zombie, but still good. 07. The Death Of It All - not bad. Good chorus lyrics, and smooth rhythm. Not as heavy as Let It All Bleed Out, but definitely a good listen. 08. Ride - not many people like this song, but I am not one of those people. It's got a nice rolling riff, and goes right into an overdrive chorus. I wouldn't skip it. 09. The Devil's Rejects - most of the reason that I like this song is because it's fun to match the characters in The Devil's Rejects movie with the descriptions in the song. Other than that, it has a choppy intro which has the sick-ass effect that makes it sound like the strings are falling off. 10. Lords Of Salem - amazing. Makes you feel like it's live. I would know, I've heard it, and it's almost as good. Great chorus, awesome riff, and all topped off with that Rob Zombie touch of horror. It's not the best album, but I definitely wouldn't want to skip over it.

The lyrics on this album do make more sense then on Hellbilly, but the sound of Hellbilly made up for it. On this album Zonbie's voice sounds different, and change is good, but not all the time. I do like the CD, but the lyrics aren't my favorite part. Just pay attention to the cool guitars, and if your a sick perv, you can just skip to Foxy, Foxy and listen to some random chick moaning into your headphones, if you took that advice, you need help. No offense.

Good album, not greatest, but slowly working it's way up. If I were you try and find it on sale somewhere and get it for half price. Great as Zombie is, this isn't my favorite album. The best songs to date on this album are probably Let It All Bleed Out, Lords Of Salem, The Devil's Rejects, Ride, and The Death Of It All. But Overall, it's not a bad album to get. It just makes your Rob Zombie collection a bit bigger.

Messer
    It's a good album, non the less. Rob stripped it down to the basic and just played some good music on this record. John 5's guitar work is even a little different for him and I liked it and give them tons of props for this album. Ok, it's not Hellbilly Deluxe, but oh well. It's good for an artist to change a little bit as long as it's not too drastic. And you can't dis Rob too much. I mean he is one of the top selling artist of all-time on Geffen Records, so he has to be doing something right!