Hellbilly Deluxe review by Rob Zombie

• Released: Aug 25, 1998
Rob Zombie: Hellbilly Deluxe

This is Rob's first solo album after White Zombie, it isn't quite as unqiue as White Zombie's albums, but none the less it has its momments. Some songs are simlar to White Zombie like: Spookshow Baby, Resurction Of Rosa Whore And Joe. The album is Rob setting a evil and durranged vibe. You can't really desribe it, you have to take a look at it yourself.

The lyrics are amazing, it fits the background noises and guitar very well. Like in the Resuction Of Rosa Whore And Joe - "Close the door and shut the lights, pray that your dead." Something amoung those lines. Rob is a very unqiue singer, I love his style, and voice.

The only other artist that I can think of that is even close to Rob is, White Zombie, which he sang for anyway, so that's probabaly why. I love that lyrics, but wish there was more to the guitar work, it isn't anything special, White Zombie had some pretty bad ass guitar solos, and riffs. Rob Zombie did the album art work too, the book inside has crazy drawings and story line, if I remember right. This album is for anyone who is thinking about getting into Rob Zombie, this is his best solo ablum of his career to date. His new one is coming out eduacted hourse, and who knows what that will be like, he hasn't put a album out in at least 5 years so, will see.

godrestthyweary
    He has better lyrics than that throughout the cd...but it definately kicked ass. I can't stop listening to this freakin' album.