Mighty Rearranger review by Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation

• Released: May 10, 2005
Robert Plant And The Strange Sensation: Mighty Rearranger

To be honest, I've been kind of tired of the Middle-Eastern influences Robert Plant has incorporated into his music ever since No Quarter (the album, not the song obviously). But upon hearing this album I now truly understand how great that music can be when mixed with the right lyrics, singer, band and talent. The sound on this album is amazing. I don't think I can elaborate anymore on the other reviews of this album, nor can I sing praises high enough to compliment this album to the extent I wish.

Ah, Robert Plant, with his uncanny ability to write beautiful songs that make perfect sense, but yet, are difficult to interpret to the point where one can say "This is what the song is about." Some of his best written songs on this album are Tin Pan Valley, Shine It All Around and Freedom Fries, where Robert seems to do a bit of reverse-satire. He takes something meant to be a joke (Freedom Fries) and turns it into something dead serious and insanely awesome with lines like "Freedom fries and burns and scars!"

If you have this cd and you've listened to it and if all the songs don't just seem to jump right out of the speakers and into your mind, then go see Robert Plant in concert, if possible. That's what did it for me. I used to just skip over Tin Pan Valley because of the techno-ish intro until I heard him play it in concert. After that the whole album came alive and I love every song. One song that I don't think gets enough mention is All the King's Horses. It's my favorite song on the album and has a major Led Zeppelin III atmosphere to it. I also love Another Tribe, it sounds like it could've been a leftover from Walking into Clarksdale. This is one amazing album. It's not hard to love it even if you don't see RP in concert. Just leave your mind open and The Mighty Rearranger will do the rest.