Live At The Wetlands Review

artist: Robert Randolph & The Family Band date: 02/03/2007 category: compact discs
Robert Randolph & The Family Band: Live At The Wetlands
Release Date: Apr 9, 2002
Label: Dare
Genres: Blues-Rock
This is especially true when performed live, as church music by definition tends to be.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Live At The Wetlands Reviewed by: feenux258, on february 03, 2007

Sound: This album sucks you in right from the start. It's a live album so after the short announcements and cheering Randolph brings the concert to your home stereo. The sound is fantastic. Although it's labeled blues the music upbeat and makes you happy. There isn't too much clutter and all the instruments are well heard. Everything flows very nicely and Robert Randolf shows off his outrageous skills while letting "his family" add their own mix to the music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are certainly not the reason to listen to this album. They are few and far between and if they are there it's just to add to the amazing instrumentals. The "singing" of Randolph's slide guitar is just what you need to hear. I'll rate lyrics an 8 because there really aren't any but Randolph's guitar does the singing and it's fantastic. // 8

Overall Impression: Amazing. From the first song Ted's Jam, this album just sucks you in. It's upbeat jams are fantastic. Robert Randolf is amazing on his 13 string slide guitar and the drummer, bass player and organ player all back him up nicely while adding in some fantastic soloing themselves. This is a great album that must be heard. Each song is about 10-15 min the shortest being 8 min. My Favorite song is The March but it's very close to all the others. I first saw Randolph on Eric Claptons Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD and I was in shock he I so good. I got this album shortly after and as everyone puts it if either were stolen or broken I would buy another. In fact I may buy another so I wouldn't have to wait to go to the store again to listen. // 10

Comments